Zapproved is looking for an experienced, passionate, and technical Senior Product Manager to innovate and own our new ZDiscovery platform offering. Partnering closely with engineering, you will own product vision and drive tactical execution with multiple engineering teams, while working cross functionally to gather requirements, communicate product changes, and set roadmap priorities. The ideal candidate will have five or more years of technical product management or equivalent experience, as well as deep familiarity with SaaS products and integrations.
Who We Are:
At Zapproved, we have ambitious goals, but simple values:
- Be Real
- Be Our Best
- Be Inclusive
- Get It Done
We are a team that acts with honesty, integrity, and transparency. We take risks, stay humble, and are not afraid to fail.
What You’ll Be Doing:
In this role, you’ll...
- Define and champion your product’s vision
- Be responsible for your product’s success -- both its success in the market and its success with users
- Develop and communicate a product roadmap that is both inspiring and bound to market and user needs
- Get in front of users to mine for insights and iterative improvements
- Use all of your product thinking to evaluate and prioritize features and functionality, articulate requirements, and communicate to senior management, teams, and cross-departmental stakeholders
- Own partnerships and third party integrations, including vision and preliminary assessment of architectural feasibility
- Accurately assess timelines and delivery schedules and clearly communicate opportunities and risks to management, while providing clear direction to engineering teams.
- Manage the backlog for one or more engineering teams, including attending sprint retrospectives and planning meetings.
- Partner with engineering teams to define and document APIs, platform SKDs, and partner integrations.
- Define product adoption, usage, performance, and cost metrics that inform future product development and reflect customer trends.
- Align collections and preservation data models and designs to the Zapproved platform data model to ensure consistent user experience and app behavior.
- Support sales and business development in integration, reseller, and channel partner contract negotiations through a deep understanding of the engineering process and technology.
- Manage communication strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, and other audiences.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of relevant Product Management experience or a combination of Product Owner and Product Manager experience, and at least 2 years working in a SaaS environment
- Experience designing, building, and owning third party and partner integrations
- Experience in hybrid cloud/on-prem data storage and management architecture
- Deep knowledge of enterprise infrastructure and cloud technologies
- Proven ability to partner with engineering leadership to find creative options to deliver products on time and within budget
- Mastery of product development process and ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong cross functional communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to translate complex technical and architectural concepts into content for non-technical internal and external audiences
- Deep understanding of Agile philosophy, and the ability to lead and influence Agile practices across the company
What Would Be Nice:
- Experience with platform technologies, ideally including administration
- Experience managing product in one or more areas: litigation services, security, backup services, orchestration, or middleware integration providers
- Experience in ediscovery product management
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Kafka, AWS technologies, SQL and NoSQL databases
We are interested in every qualified candidate with authorization to work in the United States. However, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
How to Apply:
Feeling inspired? We want to meet you! Please provide your resume, cover letter, and (if applicable) a link to a portfolio of your work. We read cover letters to better understand your skills, motivations, and what makes you tick - so feel free to dispense with the formalities and share with us why this seems like the best opportunity for you.
More About Zapproved:
Founded and headquartered in Portland, OR, Zapproved is the leading ediscovery software provider for managing corporate litigation readiness. Our Z-Discovery Suite returns power to in-house legal teams and helps them navigate electronic discovery with minimal risk and cost, setting new standards for scalability and intuitive design.
We take pride in fostering an inclusive culture where diversity and innovation are celebrated, because they deliver the best results. Don’t just take our word for it, see why we are voted one of the best companies to work for in Oregon! Our benefits include robust health insurance, take what you need PTO, volunteer days, and a competitive incentive program.