Zapproved is seeking a Senior Cloud Security Engineer to join our fast-growing Software-as-a-Service company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. In this capacity, you will serve as part of a team focused on implementing, improving and maintaining security for the Z Discovery Suite while enabling our team to grow and succeed. You will be considered an authority within your security domain, and assume ownership of architectural and engineering decisions.
What You’ll Be Doing:
In this role, you’ll…
- Design, architect, and implement network security features and functionality such as network access controls, inbound and outbound traffic filtering and monitoring, subnetting for isolation, etc.
- Perform vulnerability and penetration testing on Zapproved’s cloud infrastructure and our Z Discovery Suite.
- Maintain a tight collaboration with various teams and leadership across Zapproved.
- Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend, communicate, and implement network security tools such as proxy servers, IDS/IPS tools, DDoS prevention tools, etc.
- Partnering across engineering and other department to drive compliance items such as SOC-2, FedRAMP, GDPR, and others.
- Work with Engineering teams to provide advice on possible threat vectors and security best practices.
- Support the management and tracking efforts of security remediation activities.
What You’ll Need:
- Architect level experience in public cloud provider environments
- A deep understanding of systems hardening, containerization, and cloud security controls
- Familiarity of OWASP top 10 and similar frameworks
- The ability to drive decisions, and act in both a strategic and tactical capacity
- Experience with a variety of compliance frameworks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills; You should be a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
What Would Be Nice:
- Security consulting experience on SaaS, IaaS, and/or PaaS cloud solutions is highly desirable
- Expertise working with AWS, Associate or Professional Certifications preferred
- CISSP Certification
- Experience in both web and back-end software stacks.
Working for Zapproved:
Founded in 2008, Zapproved LLC is the leading ediscovery software provider for managing corporate litigation readiness. Our Z-Discovery Suite returns power to in-house legal teams and helps them navigate electronic discovery with minimal risk and cost, setting new standards for scalability and intuitive design. Zapproved’s flagship product, Legal Hold Pro, is widely adopted by Fortune 500 and Global 2000 corporations. Zapproved has earned recognition with numerous awards, including:
- Best E-Discovery Legal Hold Product at the 2015 and 2016 Legaltech News Innovation Awards
- The 2016 and 2017 Deloitte Technology Fast 500TM lists ranked Zapproved as one of the fastest growing companies in North America
- The National Law Journal Best of 2018 survey lists Legal Hold Pro as one of the top Legal Hold Solutions
- 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon 2018
Zapproved is also SOC 2® Type 2 certified, the industry’s highest rating for data security. With 99% customer retention, we continue to cultivate ridiculously happy customer experiences year after year. We take pride in fostering an inclusive, innovative culture where diversity and bright ideas are welcome. Learn more at zapproved.com.
How to Apply:
To be considered, please provide your resume, cover letter, and (if applicable) a link to a portfolio of your work. We are looking for the things that drive and excite you and the mark that you want to leave on the world, so consider that in your cover letter. We think this is more important than your resume, and we will read your letter first.